K1 Visa Philippines – Get Your Filipina Fiancee to the USA

If you meet a lady from the Philippines and you want to bring her to the USA for marriage, you must file a fiancee visa petition. The fiancee visa, also known as the K1 visa, or K1 fiancee visa, is an application that is filed in the USA at the USCIS Service Center, in Texas. The USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services) will process your K1 visa for the Philippines in approximaltely six to nine months. In order to qualify for a Filipina fiancee visa, you must show proof of your physical meeting. Proof of your meeting must include photos, copies of your passport, and any airline receipts from your trip to the Philiipines. The application must be filed no later than two years from your last physical meeting together.

When your application is approved and forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Manila, the embassy will contact your Filipina fiancee and arrange for her to come in for an interview. Before she interviews, she must bring several required documents with her such as her birth certificate, passport, and police certificate. Prior to her interview, she will be required to have a medical examination at St. Lukes Hospital in Manila, Philippines. It is usually a two day exam, and should be scheduled no less that seven days prior to the interview in Manila.

If your fiancee is approved, she will receive her visa from the U.S. Embassy in Manila in approximately 14 days. The visa will allow her to travel to the USA for up to six months. It is a single entry fiancee visa. Before she can depart from the Philippines, she must attend a Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar from the CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas). They will place a stamp in her passport that will allow her to leave the country.

When your fiancee enters the USA, you will both have 90 days to marry, or she must return back to her home in the Philippines. Filipina Fiancee Visas are only valid for 90 days, so if you do intend to get married, be sure to do it before her visa expires.

After you marry, you must apply for her green card through the I-485 Adjustment of Status Process. After this application is approved, your fiancee will be able to work and travel.

She will receive a two year green card. When that expires, then you must apply to lift her conditions, and she will receive a ten year green card.

Legal Law Web

Mauris efficitur faucibus libero non ullamcorper. Nam vehicula, nunc vel placerat gravida, nisi sem pulvinar urna, vitae elementum ligula augue at ligula. Cras convallis ex eu diam bibendum elementum.

Nunc molestie ullamcorper volutpat. Praesent elementum auctor pellentesque.